Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Some Kind of Cadwallader...

al-jur-non kad-wall-uh-der. 

And thank God their Myspace headline tells how to pronounce it; I'd be doomed to being pointed and laughed at by all the megahipsters were I to discuss these guys with 'em and pronounce it "kad-wull-adder" as I did for the first month or so of knowing about these guys.

Accourse, a band name ain't everything. Algernon Cadwallader is the kind of band that, if you know 'em you love 'em and they're on your favorite bands lists, but if you don't know 'em, well, you don't know 'em.

I found these guys through American Football Radio on last.fm and, lemme tell you, I'm glad I did.

They have intricate guitars that Kinsella would be proud of, and the simple Blogspot website that any hipster would be happy with (everyone knows having an actual website with a decent design is soooo mainstream).

I guess that last bit there made me seem a bit negative of them, but honestly, I love them. They're one of my favorite emo bands, honestly. There's something about Peter's crazy, unkept voice, I love it. This kinda thing is characteristic of all emo bands, and Peter does a damn fine job of it. It's the kind of thing that's like, YEAH, I'm gonna get vocal nodules in a few years. I DON'T CARE.

Listening to these guys, you can definitely here the influence American Football has had on them, like you hear with most emo bands on the scene. They do a good job of carrying on the legacy that bands such as American Football and Cap'n Jazz started. I'd definitely buy their stuff, if I had a freakin' record player, but for now the mp3s'll have to do.

They have the chaotic songs that kill all negative emotions you have, then they have the chill songs that just make you feel good.


The T Shirt reads "Algernon Cadwallader".
Putting a band name on a band T
shirt is an EXCELLENT idea.







<---- And just a random fact: I'd proudly wear this thing.

Be sure to drop these guys an add request on their Myspace page. I'm sure they'll approve. If they don't Myspace will for them. :D

They said the music should be free anyway, so I figured it couldn't hurt to stick this up for download, just so ya can listen.

Here's a download of "Sailor Set Sail" from their debut 7" "Demo" EP. 

See ya tomorrah.

-- Buddy

No comments:

Post a Comment