Tuesday, July 27, 2010

First blog! :D

Hey guys first blog goes up today, really excited about this cooperative dual music visionary thing me and Buddy have going on, seems like it will be really fun.

I plan to have themes for each day, I wont go into that now but today's theme is regular, 1 recommended band and 1 not recommended band.

To start this off, these guys were a great listen for me. Their lead vocalist had a powerful and spectacular contrast to their hard rock fast paced prerogative. It's not easy for a 5-piece band to make simple and beautiful music, it takes either a lot of patience or incredible talent, and taking a listen to songs like "I Miss You" and "Anna Molly", I heard two different sides of them, when credited their patience and talent.

However, their lyrics could be horribly cliche and uninteresting, making it hard for me to find a reason to keep paying attention, and even harder to do what I think is the universal goal with music, and that is to get lost in it.

Incubus is an above - par hard rock band with a unique sound an incredible talent musically, ignoring how terribly written the lyrics are will leave you with a great listen, and possibly some jamming music.
Talent - 8 out of 10
Lyrical Depth and Genius - 2 out of 10
Musical re-playability - 5 out of 10

Overall - 5 out of 10, Recommended by me.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next up was probably, the worst - best band I have ever listened to. And as much as I adore steeping on Hipster elitist toes, this review was more than easy, and I'll do it with a smile.

Oh yes, the fabled, the most known unknown, king of that which is a 23/ 6 time signature and a total of 100 tracks to record a single song.

This, Is Joan Of Arc.

And In my honest opinion, Mike / Tim Kinsella's blight on the face which is their glorious talent.

Lets start this off with my first impression. Of course since a Kinsella is present, the electric guitar hosted an intricate and beautiful riff, amazing in its own right, but exactly like almost every other one I heard. All props for being one of the view men alive with that talent, not to PLAY that music but to simply CREATE it is astounding to me. However, every single song I listened to, a total of 5 different songs, had what seemed like, the same friggin' riff.

Lets get going on the lyrics I heard, 9/11 2 had was an amazing song, even if it was 1:19 long...
But overall, this band wrote some of the most inane idiotic things I've ever heard spouted from a vocalists windpipe. And of course I'll hear that these lyrics had some deep incomprehensible meaning I'm to unintelligent to grasp. Take a listen to "A Tell Tale-Penis", see if you agree with me.

Indie rock bands are always destined to be the best weird worst thing you've ever heard. Joan of Arc apparently grab a lot of respect in the Indie scene, God knows why.
Talent - 10 out of 10
Lyrical depth and genius - 1 out of 10
Musical replayability - 0 out of 10

Total - 3 out of 10. Rounded down.

Not recommended, don't listen to them, at all, really.
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well that's it from me today, tomorrow we'll take a look at a Classic flashback, to spark your nostalgia.
Remember by the way, that those rankings might not always reflect my opinion.

See ya guys tomorrow!                                                                                            -- Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment